It can be difficult to tell whether your home or business is suffering from a rodent infestation. Usually, we don’t often notice the creatures until the problem has become well established or on a larger scale. The best thing you can do if you suspect your property may be at risk of a rodent invasion is to contact a certified pest controller as soon as possible. Our expert team of professionals will listen to your concerns and offer the best advice possible to tackle the issue efficiently. More importantly, we strive to provide the highest quality Rodent Control in Edinburgh.
What to Look For
These are the common signs you should look for if you believe you are suffering from a rodent issue.
- Chew marks in furniture
- Holes in the structure of the property
- Scratching and Chewing Noises
- Changes in Pet behaviours
- Foul, rotting odour
These signs may be indicators of a pest rodent problem in your home or organisation. For more information, contact a member of our team today.
How to get rid of a Rodent Infestation?
An established infestation can be difficult to treat. Identifying a potential rodent problem early on makes the extermination process a lot easier, with a higher success rate. This is why we always recommend contacting a professional as soon as you suspect you may be dealing with a rodent issue. We never recommend the use of DIY pesticides that you can purchase over the counter. These products generally contain harmful chemicals which can be toxic to ourselves, our families and pets. Instead, leave it to the professionals. Contact a member of our friendly team right away and let us handle the issue for you. We understand that a rodent invasion can be quite distressing, particularly within your home. With this in mind, we will carry out a full assessment of your home and level of infestation in order to plan the very best method of treatment for you. After we have explained everything clearly, we will resolve the pest issue for you as soon as possible, so that you feel safe again in your property.
What can I do to stop this from happening again?
There are a few steps that you can take as a property owner to keep your home or business safe from a rodent invasion. Here are a few simple ideas that can reduce this risk.
- Keep the area clean: Always clean up food spillages, dispose of waste properly and never leave food leftovers uncovered. Avoid piles of clutter and junk which the rodents can nest within.
- Seal any holes and cracks: This could be the reason that the rodents are gaining entry to your home, so be sure to replace any broken windows and roof tiles.
- Repair damaged or leaky plumbing: Rats and mice can chew through weakened pipes. This not only causes damage to your home but also provides access for entry.